The Lunney Museum
The Lunney House Museum is a 1909 Queen Anne style bungalow, carriage house and "two seater outhouse." Architect Charles Christian Hook Former residence of Dr. W.J. & Lilian Mason Lunney. The arts & crafts interior features art glass windows - original chandeliers - long leaf pine woodwork and quarter sawn oak mantel - English fireplace tiles - flat panel wainscott with burlap inserts - a 1866 Chickering & Sons "cocked hat" parlor grand piano - permanent exhibit "Life Journey of the Lunneys" - Architecture and Exhibit "speaking in one historic voice."
Visit the Official Web Site of The Lunney House Museum: LunneyHouseMuseum.org
Open to the public Thursday through Sunday 1:00 - 5:00pm. Other hours by appointment. Admission by Donation.
211 W. South 1st St, Seneca SC 29678. Call 864-882-4811 for more information.
Listen to The Lunney House Christmas Radio Spot
Watch The Lunney House Video
The Ballenger House
The Seneca Woman’s Club is a two story, 4000 square foot brick home located in the heart of Seneca’s Historic District. It quickly became one of Seneca’s loveliest landmarks and remains so today.
It was built by Mr. G.W. (Grady Woodfin and Eleanor Richarson) Ballenger in approximately 1925 and remained in the family until 1979 when son, Woodfin (Monk) Richardson Ballenger, donated the home to the Seneca Woman’s Club as a meeting place for local clubs.
The Clubhouse is home for the Seneca Woman’s Club (established 1979) and seven clubs who meet here regularly and is also frequently used for weddings, showers, luncheons, anniversary parties, etc. The Club hosts several special events, such as Teas, fundraisers and art exhibits. Money is raised for the maintenance of the house and for charitable contributions to the community which include two Seneca High School scholarships, three months of birthday cakes for the Friends of Families Program through Family Friends of Oconee County and others that vary from year to year.
The clubhouse was partially renovated in 1979 and was entirely redecorated in 2004 on the twenty-fifth anniversary of the club. Since our redecorating, efforts have begun to increase the use of the clubhouse by non-profit organizations, other groups and individuals looking for a beautiful and graceful location for events.
The garage was restored and the first phase of the garden improvements completed in 2007. Grants from Oconee County ATAX, Palmetto Pride, South Carolina Heritage Corridor Region 1 and The City of Seneca HATAX were used for this project.
The grounds improvements are an ongoing project to accommodate garden weddings and other outdoor events. This has increased the number of guests and the types of events we can accommodate which makes us a greater attraction in the Upstate.
We are honored to be a designated site on the S.C. National Heritage Corridor and the Upstate Heritage Quilt Trail, in one of the top ten retirement counties in the country and in a city that is meeting its goals to increase tourism. We are proud to have stayed in step with the tourism development in the Upstate.