The duties of the Street Department encompass a wide variety of jobs within the city's right of ways, which include, but are not limited to the following:
• Repair sidewalks, driveway and curb and gutter lines that are damaged.
• Maintaining ditches and drain inlets in the street and on drainage easements.
• Cleaning catch basins and clearing debris from the storm water system to allow the free flow of storm water.
• Repairing erosion along the storm water system, and repairing washouts.
• Working with SC DOT and Oconee County to maintain city streets, signs, and right of ways.
• Installing roadside driveway drainage pipe at new city locations.
• Removal of unsafe trees on right of ways.
• Respond to hazardous spills when called in from the Police and Fire departments.
• Plow Snow, sand bridges and roadways as needed.
• Bush hog, trim, and maintain city right of ways.
• Spray for Mosquito’s over the summer months.
• Maintain, Landscape, and beautify all city property.
• Maintain city cemeteries.
• Deliver and set up the city stage for city events, and when rented for outside use.
• Set up, clean up, and work city events as needed.
To report problems in any of these areas contact Public Works at 864-885-2750